The DuPage River Salt Creek Workgroup is a 501(c)(4) not-for-profit corporation based in Illinois, hereinafter referred to as “DRSCW” or the “Workgroup.”
The mission of the Workgroup is to bring together a diverse coalition of stakeholders to work together to preserve and enhance water quality and stream resource quality in the East Branch DuPage River, West Branch DuPage River, Salt Creek and their tributaries.
The objectives of the Workgroup are:
- Develop and implement a dynamic plan that will achieve attainment of water quality standards and designated uses for the East Branch DuPage River, West Branch DuPage River, Salt Creek and their tributaries.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, long-term monitoring program that will advance stream resource quality, as defined by chemical, physical and biological components, by accurately identifying the quality of the river ecosystems and the stressors associated with non-attainment of water quality standards and designated uses.
- Develop and implement long-term viable management strategies that accurately address water quality and stream resource quality problems identified by the monitoring program.
- Identify point and nonpoint source pollution issues and develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies to address these issues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate computer models of the watersheds to assess attainment of these objectives.