Parking Lot and Sidewalk
Research by the DRSCW shows that chloride is a proximate stressor in the Upper DuPage and Salt Creek river systems. This means that it was one of the variables that best correlates with biodiversity of fish and macroinvertebrates.
- Cover Letter Model Contract 11-16-18
- Explanatory Memo Model Contract
- DRSCW Model Facilities Plan (draft)
- McHenry County Snow and Ice Manual
- Fortin Consulting Parking Lot Manual
- How Deicing Chemicals Work – YouTube Video Clip
- DRSCW Product Memo
- Winter Parking Lot and Sidewalk Maintenance clip board pages
- Chloride Phase Diagrams
- DRSCW Parking Lot Salt Application Rate Guidance
Winter Deicing Workshops:
We have concluded our 2019 Chloride Reduction Workshops. We will offer workshops again in Fall 2020.